Saturday, May 12, 2007
Monday, May 7, 2007
Since I plan to move later this summer, most of this year's ewe lambs are for sale. Prices are lower than usuall and to make things simple, I'm just going to go with the same price for each one.. I'm going to list them here and add more photos as I get them. Ewe lambs are $200 each, including NASSA registration. A $50 deposit is required to reserve a lamb.
____ The first three are sired by Minwawe Tornado, moorit smirslet ram with double coated fleece and from dark moorit genetics. He is one of my smallest rams and threw bold spotting last year :
- Moorit blettet ewe.. Total sweetheart with the most precious face. Very short tail. Dam: LocksField RoseBriar
- Moorit blettet/krunet ewe by LocksField Kaya Pepper. Has very cool, distinctive markings. Very friendly.
- Moorit ewe by LocksField Kaya Pepper..At least as friendly as her sister above. They run over to see me together.
- Moorit ewe by LocksField Braeton. Looks a lot like sire. Likes attention. Dam is also available.
- Moorit bielset? ewe by LocksField Braeton. She’s like a little sprite with a halo around her head. A little shy, but likes attention. Dam is also available.
- Moorit ewe by LocksField Taryn. Dark moorit. Petite little sweetie. Dam is also available.
- Moorit ewe by LocksField Taryn. Lighter shade than sister. Friendly. Dam available. RESERVED (nw)
- Musket ewe by LocksField Edelweiss. Solidly built lamb. Probably intermediate fleece. Friendly.
- Musket ewe by LocksField Cachey. Still a little shy, even though brother is friendly. RESERVED (nw)
Edelweiss' ewe (left photo)................. Cachey's ewe (right photo).
____ Lastly, the two girls below are sired by LocksField Rosario, a moorit blettet ram with a fine intermediate fleece. He is a spot carrier with fantastic conformation and a tiny tail.
- Black ewe by LocksField Dawsen. Friendly. Likes to play with Salem's girl- they pretend to be twins :-) RESERVED (nw)
- Black ewe by LocksField Salem. Has white patches on her ears.
Friendly from the start- rests her head on my arm. She’s got personality!
Salem's ewe is in the left................. Right photo is Dawsen's girl.
Saturday, May 5, 2007
LocksField Braeton #S18264
Braeton is a 3 year old moorit blettet with outstanding conformation. Her rear legs are wide and straight, and her tail is a small perfect shetland type. Her parents are a couple favorites here; her sire is LocksField Crimson Archer, my favorite ram due to his calm disposition and her dam is LocksField RoseBriar, who is not only one of my best conformed ewes, she's also a sweetheart. Braeton has twin moorit ewes by SheltrgPines Jerome. They appear to have shorter fleeces like their sire and should carry his very flashy spotted markings. One has white markings around her neck and head and the other has a lightly speckled face. They are friendly. See photos below. Price for Braeton and her twin ewes is $600.
LocksField Taryn #S12568
Taryn was one of the ewes I thought I would not sell, but as the flock grows, I have to part with some that I don't want to. Her sire was the wonderful Fletcher Sundance and her dam was Fletcher Bethany. Taryn has twinned every year for me and throws some of the most darling faces. This year she has twin moorit ewes by SheltrgPines Jerome. The one pictured below on the left looks just like her mom and is a lighter color. The other, pictured on the right, is darker and looks a little more like their sire. They are very friendly, especially the lighter ewe- she tries climbing all over me and loves to be held! She's now reserved, but her twin is also very sweet. The price for Taryn and her darker ewe is $400.
LocksField Fable #S12567
Fable was one on the first ewes born here in 2001 and she has consistently lambed twins every year.. One of her adult sons is one of the best rams for all around conformation I've had. Fable is a daughter of my original ram Fletcher Sundance and first ewe Fletcher Limmerick. I have at least two other offspring of both parents, so Fable is available. She has nice conformation with straight rear legs and a tail of good shape, though medium length. She has twin boys this year by Minwawe Tornado: one black, one moorit. They are very friendly and are now wethered. The price for Fable and her twin wethers is $300.