Tuesday, September 24, 2013

End of an Era::::: Selling my 4 favorite "keeper" ewes

Seeking dedicated home for my best 4 Spotted Shetland Ewes.
 
They are my very favorite of my "keeper" ewes after raising Shetlands since 1999. Over the years I did a lot of research and I put together a flock of what I consider unique and beautiful bloodlines. My goal was to create a diverse spotted flock with a range of fleece length/type on animals with solid conformation, small size and horned rams. These 4 ewes tend to have medium to longer fleeces, with a nice handle. They tend to have large fleeces in relation to their smaller body size.
I am seeking a home for them with someone who is dedicated to preserving these bloodlines and intends to raise Shetlands long term. I believe that there are those who would like to see this type of Shetland disappear and I'm hopeful that there are those who will keep these bloodlines going.
I had hoped to do that myself, but I feel that at this time it may be best for the sheep and myself to find them a new home. I've been trying to make it work with limited space and no ram on the farm, but I have reached a point where I'm willing to admit I need to make a new plan.
Evangeline, Pandora, Morgan and Lumina are all quality ewes with great dispositions, in fact I would consider them to be great pets in addition to breeding stock. All four ewes have proven true to the breed in hardiness and great mothering ability.
See the 4 posts below for info and photos of the 4 ewes and some of their past lambs.
 
I have not posted a price.. I will let them go cheaper than I would sell these lines in the past for, but I'm not looking for a deal-seeker.. I'm looking for someone whose heart is in this. I would really prefer to not split up the group. If you are interested, email me and tell me about your flock and future plans!
 
Located in southern Michigan near the town of Union.
 
Malinda
Locksleyfields@gmail.com 


No comments: